Friday, September 23, 2011

Turkeys and Thumbs


I  can't help it. Every time I look at this I think of a raw turkey ready to be stuck in the oven.  I have been meaning to try again, but then I look at this in despair.   Maybe it is switching to a t shirt instead of using a man's handkerchief like the thumbnails we did in class.  ( link to thumbnails )

At any rate, my new pencils are on order and I am hoping they will come before my Monday colored drawing class and I can make a better French Gray.  Yup ... when in doubt, blame the tools!

Fun email today from weeklyartlesson.com --- Lillian Kennedy explained the origin of the term thumbnail and says somebody someplace used to draw his ideas on his thumbnail.  With my fading vision, I am afraid that is an impossibility, I have trouble enough just seeing my thumbnail to clip the nail but it was a fascinating thought.

2 comments:

Juliet A said...

The egg is so small compared to the shirt, it gets lost. Other than that... looks good.

Juliet A said...

I wonder how your "turkey" would look if you were really trying to draw a turkey?